Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BrainBank: LOVE Edition

I was wandering through Penn's Campus today at around five, as there are few better places around Philadelphia to wander, slowly withering under the oppressive heat. Coming off of my first Concept Design class I was actually making some sort of effort to pay attention to my surroundings, as opposed to the usual bubble of obliviousness that I encase myself.

Mere seconds after a cooling breeze finally kicked into gear I spotted Penn's LOVE sculpture, brightening my mood considerably as I took this as a message that there was indeed some benevolent higher power that saw fit to lift the clinging mugginess for a moment. I have no idea of the significance behind the sculpture, though Wikipedia informs me that it was a 'Christmas card' for some museum (whatever that means), but at least today it inspired me to trundle on heedless of the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment