Tuesday, June 22, 2010

JumpStart: My Ultimate Desk

Simplicity is key. The temptation to make a monstrosity, given unlimited budget and no limit on fantastical designs is high, but I'd never get anything done on an adamantium desk with included kitchenette four stories off the floor that wrapped around me and enclosed me in a noise-reducing shell.

I would like a desk that included a back element, though, on which to position speakers for 5.1 sound. Other than that, I'd prefer some nice, solid wood finish with enough space on top of the desk for a large monitor or two, a shelf above the desk to position speakers and my printer on, and a few drawers on the side that don't make it unwieldy to wedge my legs in under the desk.

... okay, I wouldn't mind a built-in mini-fridge on one side.

... and if the surroundings of the work area could be noise-proofed in some way, perhaps with that awesome foam stuff they have in audio production booth things that'd be appreciated, I don't need to hear people screaming drunkenly at the sky at 4 AM when I'm trying to finish a project.

Actually, the desk is getting a little unwieldy now, but a place to slot a nice desktop computer in wouldn't go awry. Oh, and with all the electronics snaking around and about the desk, some sort of cable management system, though I'd leave that to the engineers to figure out.

That's good, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment