Thursday, August 5, 2010

BrainBank: Apple Peel Edition

That thing on the left is the Apple Peel 520. Why is it called the Apple Peel 520? Because it's an accessory for an Apple product, and you can... peel... apples, I guess? Man, I have no idea what goes through the Chinese people's minds.

The actual product itself is pretty awesome, though. Essentially, it allows you to use your iPod Touch (any generation) as a full-fledged iPhone, with the ability to make and receive calls and SMS messages.

It's pretty buggy, but the only review out is about a prototype version, so presumably some of the issues will be addressed. I totally dig the concept of modular phones, though, so something that makes my media device into a phone with a minimum of expense (about $57) seems pretty awesome to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment